Portlandia International School is looking for multiple interns. We work to help the community through education and empowerment, join us!
• Interest in learning about other other countries
• Commitment of 5 to 15 hours a week for 3 to 6 months (negotiable)
• Bilingual in Spanish (preferred but not required)
Benefits & Incentives - although this is a non-compensated internship we do offer a lot of perks such as:
• Real industry experience
• Business coaching and professional development
• Possible academic Internship Class Credit - sign off & documentation (documents to be provided by intern)
• Letter of Recommendation from Founder of Portlandia
• 4 hours of enrollment in a group class or 2 hours private class
General Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Open the school (Keys will be provided)
• Leading weekly meetings of approximately 25 attendees
• General office work (copies, mailings, shredding, phones, etc.)
• Maintaining contact lists
• Driving Campaigns via social media (Facebook, Tweeter, Meet up, etc)
• Update website for classes, news, events through WordPress (some training will be provided)
• Create and organize a weekly meeting
• Be positive
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (503) 381-0785
Teaching Internship (Spanish)
We are looking for Assistant Spanish Teachers at Portlandia School.
This position is for recent university graduates who have completed a Master's Degree in Spanish OR native speakers looking to go into the teaching field. This is a great way to get experience if you are new to the profession.
By assisting in Portlandia School you will have ample opportunity to learn from an excellent mentor (Walter Osorio) and practice your bilingual education skills!
Social Media Internship
Approx Hours: 3 to 5/week
We are a school of languages with community involvement and we believe in social justice. We are looking for a hardworking, inspired intern!If you are an undergraduate in Portland metropolitan area or a new graduate with a major in Communications, Digital Marketing, Marketing, English, Journalism or with great writing skills and experience with social media contact us today!
This is an awesome opportunity to work with a start up for interns who really want to learn how the online marketing business works and have real tasks! It is also a great opportunity for writers and journalists as media jobs increasingly require experience in writing online content. If you’ve had an internship before, you know a lot of it is just making copies and checking your Facebook when you’re not fetching coffee.
Get real experience to boost your resume for employers.
• Draft, proofread, then schedule posts for client accounts
• Create social media profiles
• Manage social media profiles
• Ensure regular posting on social media profiles
• Reliable, hardworking
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Social media savvy
• Excellent time management
• Essential that work is submitted timely on deadlineIn addition to your resume you must send links to your social media accounts, blogs, or any social media profiles you have managed professionally.
Please send writing samples for proof of grammar and spelling abilities.
Contact 503-381-0785 or email@example.com